Monday, May 11, 2009

My Latest Obsession!

I have a good friend who loves to sew, and she decided that I needed to learn to sew too! My first lesson was a few weeks before Easter. She helped me to make a little bunny rabbit stuffed animal for O for Easter. Then, on my very own, I made M a stuffed bunny too. They both received them in their Easter baskets and they now sit proudly on shelves in their rooms (i.e. neither of them plays with their bunnies). While I enjoyed making the bunnies, I was almost ready to hang up my needle and thread for good...that is, until I learned about Pillow Case Dresses!!!

Yes, it is truly possible to make a dress from a pillow case. My friend started making them and they are so, so cute!!! I just had to learn how to make them myself. And now that I have...let me tell you, I am HOOKED!

Here is a picture of the dress that I made for O.


And here is a close-up of the embroidery (who in the world knew that I could embroider???).


And here is O posing in her new dress (don't you love how 1 year olds pose for pictures?).


And finally, here is a shot of O relaxing in her new dress.



So, now I am completely obsessed with sewing. I want to make O another dress, a shirt, a dress to wear over leggings...the list goes on and on. So the next time you see O, she will likely be wearing a lovely pillow case!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment